|Butterworths leaving the village after 38 years Harry and Sarah Butterworth, who have lived at The Little House in the High Street since 1978, are preparing to move next week to Devon, where...|
|Eastfield House extension expected to go ahead The owner of the Eastfield House care home has submitted yet another application for outline planning permission to SODC, dated July 15th. This is...|
|Thief takes whole car this time Whitchurch resident Martin Hardcastle reported to police this morning that his 1987 gold-coloured Mark 2 VW Golf GL registration E694 LAD was...|
|Many ideas for the village - it’s not too late to send yours The Open Day in the village hall earlier in the year marked the start of the process of preparing a new village plan for Whitchurch. Rachel...|
- What else is new
- Watch Nick's short video showing the Swan Upping team passing Whitchurch.
- The Saturday Art Café features prints for sale by local artists. Here, for example, are two recent collages by Chris Martin.
- SODC has opened a webpage for the Whitchurch Neighbourhood Plan. For now, comments are sought only on the delineation of the area.
- Pangbourne Boathouse Surgery comes top in ratings by patients of ten surgeries in Reading area (and it's the 151st best of 8,000 in Engand). Details here.
- What's on
- Thu 28 Jul Grey Bin Collection
- Sat 30 Jul THE ART CAFE - The Old Stables - 10.00 am-12.30 pm
- Thu 4 Aug Green and Brown Bin Collection
- Thu 4 Aug HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00 pm-4.00 pm.
- Sat 6 Aug MAZE WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am.
- Sat 6 Aug THE ART CAFE - The Old Stables - 10.00 am-12.30 pm
- Message board
- "It was great to see, and have a few jokes, with councillor hart, her fiancé and son, clearing..."
- "I was out planting flowers in Whitchurch this morning at my own expense and a member of the..."
- "Note: For those interested, Eastfield House care home have put in another planning application I..."
- "The log rolls that have protected the plants under the village sign whilst they were..."