|Plan for a Defibrillator in the village At its next meeting on 1st December the Parish Council will discuss a plan to install a first-aid device called a Defibrillator in the red...|
|Six weeks consultation on bridge tolls begins Objections to the Bridge Company’s proposed 50% toll increase should be submitted not later than 2nd January 2015. The Bridge Company...|
|New lamps likely to slow traffic The Bridge Company is to replace two lamp posts on the Pangbourne approach road to the toll bridge, after discovering serious corrosion at their...|
|Plan for Eastfield House demolition (UPDATE, 24th Nov: Consultation has now started and comments must be received at SODC by 11th December.......) In a surprise move Ross Healthcare...|
- What else is new
- There is a Parish Council meeting in the Village Hall on Monday 1st December at 8 pm, to which the public are invited. The agenda includes the future of Eastfield House and a Defibrillator proposal.
- Have you signed up for Smartwater? - you simply send your name, address and phone number to this address. Thirty more Whitchurch households signed up at the village hall on Saturday.
- Help raise Pre-School funds by buying Christmas presents online, here's how.
Art & Crafts Exhibition 2014
Autumn Walk 2014
Tolhurst Squash & Pumpkin Festival
Apple Day at the Maze
World Fungus Day at Chalkhills
Bishops on the bridge
More pictures of the bridge reopening
Hundreds attend reopening of bridge
All in a day's road surfacing
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Removing Lattice Girders on Tollbridge
Whitchurch Tollbridge Removing Cross Beams
Bridge Club Christmas Lunch
Bridge makes progress, gradually
Early morning on the Thames
Remembrance Sunday 2013
Squash & Pumpkin Festival at Hardwick
Maze Reopening and Apple Day
National Fungus Day at Chalkhills Farm
Replacing & Adding Maze Bricks
Walking With Romans
The Day the Bridge Closed
Another Juggernaut, another Jam
John Howell MP at Coffee Morning
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Sat 29 Nov FLANDERS AND SWANN RECAPTURED - a musical at Goring Heath Parish Hall at 8.00 pm.
- Sun 30 Nov CHRISTMAS FAYRE - Whitchurch Village Hall - 11.00 am-3.00 pm.
- Mon 1 Dec PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Whitchurch Village Hall - 8.00 pm - Budget Meeting
- Tue 2 Dec COMMUNITY COFFEE MORNING - The Old Stables - 10.30 am-12.00 noon - all welcome.
- Thu 4 Dec THE HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00-4.00 pm.
- Message board
- "We have a 6' artificial John Lewis Christmas tree that we no longer have need for. Free to a..."
- "I agree with Anon's comments. I remember living in Whitchurch from 1942 and in those days the..."
- "Very sadly Bob has just passed away after a quick heart attack. The Service for him will be..."
- "Can anyone recommend a handyman? I need some help in the loft, sealing the gaps that exist..."