|Comments invited on War Memorial improvements The memorial on the hillside between Whitchurch and Whitchurch Hill is shared between the villages. Goring Heath parish council has backed a...|
|Worldwide Whitchurch Weekend approaches The organisers of the jamboree and get-together at Whitchurch in Hampshire, from 17th to 19th July, for the 14 Whitchurches in the UK (plus...|
|Candidates announced for elections on 7th May For the first time in many years there are more candidates for the parish council (8) than places (7), so the voting in the village hall on 7th...|
|Users object to charges for Village Green The Parish Council meeting on Monday evening (13th April) was attended by about 20 users of the Village Green, cricketers and others, protesting...|
- What else is new
- The Bridge Company has posted a Statement of Reasons on its website, giving further details of its application for an increased toll.
- The online petition against the planned increase in bridge tolls attracted 1279 signatures and has been submitted.
- Bridge toll objector Tarek Moghul of Whitchurch Hill and Bridge Company director Geoff Weir interviewed on BBC Radio Oxford. Starts 12.3 mins in and lasts 5 mins.
- A bird's eye video from high above the Thames, flying over the toll bridge and over the weir, has been posted on YouTube by drone operator Alastair Craig.
Mods scoot through village
Whitchurch gets a new noticeboard
Volunteers trim the churchyard
Jim's winning photo and two more
WoTHabs volunteers in action
Truck causes High Street chaos
New passing places in Hardwick Road
WoTHabs project starts
New Year's Day walk
Gull pauses to inspect bridge
Eastfield House - more pictures
Art & Crafts Exhibition 2014
Autumn Walk 2014
Tolhurst Squash & Pumpkin Festival
Apple Day at the Maze
World Fungus Day at Chalkhills
Bishops on the bridge
More pictures of the bridge reopening
Hundreds attend reopening of bridge
All in a day's road surfacing
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Thu 30 Apr Green and Brown Bin Collection
- Thu 30 Apr HARDWICK HOUSE RETREAT - Opening the Mind to Awaken the Heart: Foundations in Yoga & Meditation.
- Fri 1 May TWINNING ASSOCIATION receives visitors from La Bouille, France, for the week-end
- Sat 2 May THEATRE CLUB TRIP- Man and Superman by George Bernard Shaw - 1.30 pm - Lyttleton Theatre, SW1 - coach departs Pangbourne at 10.30 am opposite the laundrette.
- Thu 7 May HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON in the Old Stables from 2.00 pm-4.00 pm.
- Message board
- "The NFU were good with our previous house that was at risk of flooding. You might need to send..."
- "For what it's worth, I agree with David that some sort of consultation or survey of the..."
- "Anyone have any suggestions for home insurance that includes flood protection? Just got renewal..."
- "POSITION TO FILL Hardwick Estate Secretary 16 hours/week Seeking a committed part time..."