|Training day for parish councillors Today the six members of Whitchurch Parish Council, together with the Parish Clerk, attended a training course on ‘Roles and...|
|Young and old show their artistic skills The Whitchurch Art & Craft Exhibition attracted large numbers to the village hall on Saturday 14th November. Sally Woolhouse...|
|Brass band booked for Ferryboat concert The sound of a 28-piece brass band will again fill the church in what has become an annual event, the concert of fine Christmas music in St...|
|Fire in a house in Manor Road Three Oxfordshire fire appliances arrived in Manor Road at around 10 am today to deal with a fire at No 18. The fire was reportedly caused...|
- What else is new
- The damaged railings on the far side of the bridge have been repaired.
- For a well-illustrated walk taking in Whitchurch Hill and Cray’s Pond, and for other walks, try this blog.
- There is a vacancy for a Parish Councillor in Whitchurch, following the resignation of James Norman. To apply, see further details here.
- Village memories..... see Nick Brazil’s fascinating old photos of Whitchurch life, now added to our Historic Photos page. Read Nick's comments here.
- What's on
- Mon 30 Nov Booking Deadline - A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM - Stratford-upon-Avon - 1.15pm.
- Tue 1 Dec COMMUNITY COFFEE MORNING - The Old Stables - Whitchurch High Street - 10.30-12.00 noon.
- Thu 3 Dec HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON in the Old Stables from 2.00 pm-4.00 pm.
- Thu 3 Dec Theatre Club trip to the Aldwych Theatre to see BEAUTIFUL, THE CAROL KING MUSICAL
- Sat 5 Dec ANNUAL CONCERT OF CHRISTMAS MUSIC - St Mary's Church - 7.00 pm - doors open at 6.30 pm.
- Message board
- "Date confusion re Whitchurch Xmas Fare. Urgent message! Sunday 6 December (NOT Saturday) is..."
- "Tickets are still available for Gangsta Granny at the New Theatre Oxford on Saturday, 16th..."
- "The Whitchurch Theatre Club is in need of an auditor as our present auditor, Tony Voysey is..."
- "Stuck for a Christmas gift idea? Why not give the gift of wellbeing - Sue Evans is a local..."