|House with river frontage to change hands Badgers Bosk at Manor Road has gone on sale, with 4 acres of gardens, 7 acres of paddocks and a 60 metre river frontage. A small but important...|
|Demolished Polish chapel marked by flowers Anna Szczeponek of Manor Road is the only surviving member of the refugee community that came to live in Whitchurch at the end of the war. ...|
|Bridge to open on 26th September The Bridge Company said today that the most likely opening date is Friday 26th September. But if the remaining work makes good progress...|
|Fallen oak to provide picnic table for Maze Tim Sheldon of Hardwick Estate was yesterday cutting up a large oak tree to create a picnic table for the Maze. The tree, one of a pair in the...|
- What else is new
- Smartwater is being taken up across Whitchurch, PCSO Mark Bell said yesterday. He has been delivering kits to householders who applied after receiving a letter delivered to all houses. You can sign up for Smartwater by sending your name, address and phone number to this address.
- Whitchurch residents are invited to take part in a Pangbourne Quiz with 60 clues and lots of prizes – more here.
- Proposals for a new £150,000 pavilion on the Village Green, presented at a meeting on 10th July, can be seen here. Comments would be welcomed by parish councillor Harvey Ainley.
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Removing Lattice Girders on Tollbridge
Whitchurch Tollbridge Removing Cross Beams
Bridge Club Christmas Lunch
Bridge makes progress, gradually
Early morning on the Thames
Remembrance Sunday 2013
Squash & Pumpkin Festival at Hardwick
Maze Reopening and Apple Day
National Fungus Day at Chalkhills Farm
Replacing & Adding Maze Bricks
Walking With Romans
The Day the Bridge Closed
Another Juggernaut, another Jam
John Howell MP at Coffee Morning
Whitchurch Toll Bridge progress
Theatre Club takes a trip on the London Eye
Another Wonderful Fete
Whilst We Slept
Toll Bridge Reconstruction Starts
WoTHabs Wildlife Explorers Day
PAWS/WoTHabs Haymeadow Walk
Messing about on the river
Pre-School Mums fund-raise at Toad Hall 10K
Garden Walk 2013
Worsley Wows Whitchurch
Theatre Club visits Osborne House, I o W
Whitchurch Dads cycle the South Downs Way
Spring Fair at the Old Stables, Sat 18th May
The Maze First Cut May 2013
La Bouille Twinning Visit
Another big truck gets stuck
Spring Garden Show, Goring Heath
Village Green Planting Phase 2
Coppicing Trees in Muddy Lane
Whitchurch allotment in summer
Litter Blitz, 9th March
Improving Hardwick Road
The Day The Snow Came
WoTHabs Hedge Planting, Village Green
New Year's Day Walk
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Wed 3 Sep ADULT SINGING GROUP FREE TASTER SESSION - Goring Heath Village Hall - 7.30-9.00 pm.
- Wed 3 Sep ITALIAN FOOD EVENING AT THE FERRYBOAT from 7.00 pm - all you can eat for £14.95 per head.
- Thu 4 Sep Green and Brown Bin Collection
- Thu 4 Sep THE HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00-4.00 pm.
- Sat 6 Sep MAZE WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am - come along and help with edging, sweeping and general maintenance.
- Message board
- "Nick knows that his justified complaint was dealt with within an hour of him telling me about..."
- "Absolutely disgusted that the pedestrian access pangbourne side of the bridge has been reduced..."
- "Does anyone know a local fair priced plasterer/builder who could do a fairly small plastering..."
- "I Just spoke to BT and they tell me that the Pangbourne exchange is due to go live with BT..."