|Smartwater, the burglary deterrent, is coming There has been a rash of thefts recently, many from garden sheds and garages, and the Police often find it difficult to match recovered goods with...|
|Bridge girders all back in position The last of the white lattice girders, which have been given a facelift in Great Yarmouth to prepare them for their next century spanning the...|
|Pavilion meeting this Thursday at 8 pm This is a reminder for those who want to have a say on the village’s exciting new project to replace the old cricket pavilion. ...|
|The day Prince Harry came to the Ferryboat This week’s episode of "I Wanna Marry ‘Harry’" featured the Ferryboat pub as the location where a lookalike Prince Harry meets...|
- What else is new
- Was your house flooded earlier this year? SODC is offering grants of up to £5000 to improve a property’s resistance to flooding. And if you had to leave your home, Council Tax relief is available. Details here.
- Are Whitchurch Bulletin readers getting younger? - picture.
- Proposals for a new £150,000 pavilion on the Village Green, presented at a meeting on 10th July, can be seen here. Comments would be welcomed by parish councillor Harvey Ainley.
- Twitter users are invited to follow @whitchurchnews by clicking the button at the foot of this page.
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Removing Lattice Girders on Tollbridge
Whitchurch Tollbridge Removing Cross Beams
Bridge Club Christmas Lunch
Bridge makes progress, gradually
Early morning on the Thames
Remembrance Sunday 2013
Squash & Pumpkin Festival at Hardwick
Maze Reopening and Apple Day
National Fungus Day at Chalkhills Farm
Replacing & Adding Maze Bricks
Walking With Romans
The Day the Bridge Closed
Another Juggernaut, another Jam
John Howell MP at Coffee Morning
Whitchurch Toll Bridge progress
Theatre Club takes a trip on the London Eye
Another Wonderful Fete
Whilst We Slept
Toll Bridge Reconstruction Starts
WoTHabs Wildlife Explorers Day
PAWS/WoTHabs Haymeadow Walk
Messing about on the river
Pre-School Mums fund-raise at Toad Hall 10K
Garden Walk 2013
Worsley Wows Whitchurch
Theatre Club visits Osborne House, I o W
Whitchurch Dads cycle the South Downs Way
Spring Fair at the Old Stables, Sat 18th May
The Maze First Cut May 2013
La Bouille Twinning Visit
Another big truck gets stuck
Spring Garden Show, Goring Heath
Village Green Planting Phase 2
Coppicing Trees in Muddy Lane
Whitchurch allotment in summer
Litter Blitz, 9th March
Improving Hardwick Road
The Day The Snow Came
WoTHabs Hedge Planting, Village Green
New Year's Day Walk
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Fri 1 Aug Booking deadline for MADE IN DAGENHAM - THE MUSICAL at the Adelphi Theatre -Tel: 0118 9844252 email email@example.com
- Sat 2 Aug MAZE WORKING PARTY - 10.00 am - come along and help with edging, sweeping and general maintenance.
- Sun 3 Aug MULBERRY FAYRE at Tolhurst Organic
- Mon 4 Aug LIGHTS OUT, 10 pm to 11 pm
- Thu 7 Aug THE HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00-4.00 pm.
- Message board
- "Thank-you Wilfred, that is good to know."
- "I would only recommend BT as the Pangbourne exchange has not been 'unbundled' meaning other ISPs..."
- "Hello. We are moving to Whitchurch Hill at the end of August. I'd like to know of..."
- "The village hall has a small (committee) room which may be suitable, at a very modest charge...."