|The sign of The Greyhound swings again A new pub sign appeared yesterday and a familiar feature returned to the High Street. The restoration of the sign, following wishes expressed by...|
|Loose dog causes concern (UPDATED) The behaviour of a hungry stray dog caused concern to several residents near the centre of the village this morning, before it ran...|
|Bridge toll to be increased The Bridge Company has announced that it needs to increase the car toll from 40 to 60 pence. A Toll Application is being prepared for...|
|Bishop blesses new bridge The Bishop of Oxford, John Pritchard, arrived with fellow pilgrims at the newly reopened bridge on Wednesday afternoon. They had walked that...|
- What else is new
- Police warning of new Courier Fraud Scam and how to report it, here.
- "A Bridge is Reborn", Nick Brazil's documentary about rebuilding the bridge, is now available on DVD at £12.50 (+£2 p&p). To order YOUR copy contact him on 0118 984 1602 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new bridge toll collector writes about her experiences in 'Diary of a Toll Girl'.
- Village Green seat damage repaired by village volunteers - photos here.
- Sign up for Smartwater - send your name, address and phone number to this address.
Autumn Walk 2014
Tolhurst Squash & Pumpkin Festival
Apple Day at the Maze
World Fungus Day at Chalkhills
Bishops on the bridge
More pictures of the bridge reopening
Hundreds attend reopening of bridge
All in a day's road surfacing
Whitchurch Fete 2014
Mulberry Fayre at Hardwick
Volunteers tidy up the War Memorial
WoTHABS & PAWS Haymeadow walk
First Lattice Beam in Place on New Bridge
Return of The Lattice Beams
First Girders in Place on Bridge
Garden Walk 2014
Wildlife Explorers Day at Chalkhills
Theatre Club visits Paris
Spring Fair in Old Rectory Rooms
Theatre Club visits Malvern Spring Show
Twinning Visit - Un Grand Succès
Spring Walk in the sunshine
Volunteers meet the community
First bridge girders get on their way
Volunteers from Path Hill Outdoors
Village Green tree planting, final phase
Thames Floods Seen from Chalkhills
Thames at peak level, 9th January
Thames in flood, Tuesday 7th January
Removing Lattice Girders on Tollbridge
Whitchurch Tollbridge Removing Cross Beams
Bridge Club Christmas Lunch
Bridge makes progress, gradually
Early morning on the Thames
Remembrance Sunday 2013
Squash & Pumpkin Festival at Hardwick
Maze Reopening and Apple Day
National Fungus Day at Chalkhills Farm
Replacing & Adding Maze Bricks
Walking With Romans
The Day the Bridge Closed
Another Juggernaut, another Jam
John Howell MP at Coffee Morning
Whitchurch Primary School c1982
- What's on
- Sat 1 Nov The Rep College presents OLEANNA by David Mamet - Whitchurch Village Hall - 7.45 pm.
- Mon 3 Nov PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Whitchurch Village Hall - 8.00 pm.
- Tue 4 Nov COMMUNITY COFFEE MORNING - The Old Stables - 10.30 am-12.00 noon - all welcome.
- Thu 6 Nov THE HANDICRAFT AFTERNOON - The Old Stables - 2.00-4.00 pm.
- Thu 6 Nov Grey Bin Collection
- Message board
- "Looking for a garage to rent over the winter months for storage of various items whilst shed is..."
- "This idea is one of several that have been discussed recently. None are as good as having a..."
- "Does anyone have a portable Electric hot plate I could borrow for a day."
- "Seen on the news reports about George Clooney, Sonning has a defribrilator newly installed in..."